Have you set your goals for this month yet? I made mine on the 1st:
I also like to take a picture of these goals and make them the wallpaper on my iPhone, so when I’m not in the office, I can look at them and think, “Is what I’m doing RIGHT NOW helping these get accomplished?”
In order, I wrote:
HoR conversion rate to 1%
- This makes me more money
- It involves many, many, many small little tweaks to the website.
Blog once per day on NevBlog
- This is in an effort to improve my consistency and writing.
- I think blogging everyday helps me “find my voice”….it’s hard to write EVERYDAY in a voice that isn’t mine.
- If I don’t accomplish this goal, I made a resolution to donate $300 to a particular homeless shelter. That’s a BAD thing for me since I hate that homeless shelter’s location. (Damn…I just realized what a gigantic asshole I must be. I’m making myself donate money to a homeless shelter as a PUNISHMENT)! Oh well…whatever works for each person.
- It’s also kind of fun and gives me an excuse to sometimes write posts with little substance (no jokes please).
- It will force me to pre-write posts in advance for days that I am travelling and will get little/no time to write.
- I really hate the way NevBlog.com looks after I was forced to move from Blogger to WordPress. I can barely read it.
- I want a theme similar to my old Blogger layout…it was simple, ugly, but functional.
- I have in mind what I want, but couldn’t find a free theme like it, so I’ll get it custom developed.
NB 7 auto responder sequence
- Whenever someone signs up for the NevBlog email updates, it starts off an auto responder sequence that emails them once a week with a cool blog post (in email format)….
- …however there’s only one email in that sequence right now. I want 7 more (formatting them is kind of a bitch).
In the future, I might associate a punishment and reward for each goal. In school, it was simple:
You didn’t do it, you failed.
If you did well on it, you got a good grade.
I currently don’t have that accountability for all of these.