“Sooooo….if you don’t wake up and go to a normal job from 9-5pm…..what DO you do all day?”
Noah and I answer some questions people have about Startup bid-naz’s. Some of the questions:
- “I’m trying to start a company….what are the TOOLS I need?”
- “I work 18 hours a day on my startup, and I still haven’t made money. Am I doing something wrong?”
- “When should I QUIT a project I’m working on?”
- “Do I need a webpage, a Facebook page AND a Twitter for my business??”
- “What do you think of Startup Weekends (where everyone gets together and builds a business in a weekend)?”
- “Where can you find ideas for businesses?”
Noah & Neville answer answer some user questions such as:
-Carrying out an idea. Do you just jump right into every idea you have and start building it, or do research first?
-How do I know if a business can be profitable? Noah shows his quick-n-ghetto cost-analysis formula.
-Do I need venture capital or outside funding for my business?
-Building version 1-point-O of your idea before rolling out something fancy.
-How do you advertise a service (based on Noah’s experience at Mint.com)
-How to find the right customers that actually fork up lotsa money
-How long does it take to be profitable?
-AppSumo cost $60 to build….how did you do that?
(watch our Outsourcing video for that)
-Do you need partners to start a biz? How did AppSumo do it?
-A rapid-fire-re-cap of all the questions (at the end)
Noah & Neville talk about outsourcing:
Questions we answer:
- WHAT to outsource
- HOW to outsource
- Examples of what we’ve outsourced
- How to make sure you tell them exactly what you want
- Where to find outsourcing peeps
- How to test an outsourcer
- Horror stories, good stories
- Indians vs. Romanians vs. Americans vs. Filipinos
Link to the example in the video: