I’m graduating in December and I couldn’t be more excited.
Instead of finding a good job, I’m taking a road I find more interesting and exciting: making my own way.
Of course a lot of people would like to do this, but many cannot. I feel I’ve worked enough towards this goal to allow me to do this successfully:
- Supposing EVERYTHING goes wrong, I’ve built up a modest amount of money to live on.
- I’ve expanded my network of people to a very healthy level which means more opportunity, and if I DO need a fixed income job, I could get one.
- I’m young, unattached and able to rough out tough times if needed.
- I’ve built up my arsenal of experience to make small amounts of money here and there in case everything goes completely wrong.
- My income currently exceeds my expenses + monthly savings + then some.
- I’ve already split up my accounts to help see exactly how much money is allocated to each type of expense.
Not only have I setup the foundation for being a full time entrepreneur, but it also suits my personality: I love uncertainty, I get bored very quickly and I like dabbling in many things at once.
Lately I’ve been exposed to a lot of oversees computer work. These are basically freelance computer programmers and web designers who work from India, Russia or other countries. I must say I’ve been very impressed with the quality and speed of their work.
People complain about outsourcing, but I’ve found it very difficult to find skilled people in the United States with the same amount of computer knowledge and quick service.
I’ve missed a few goal deadlines including a new business I am pretty excited about. I’ve been redesigning a whole new backend and ordering system for it. There are some unique features I need, so custom programming must be done.
I’ve also missed my $7,500 p/month by 11-17-2005 goal, however I am not too far off. On this site, I only list personal income sources. If I make money from someone else or with someone else, I do not document it on this website. I have a strong feeling that 2006 will be a great year for me!