What if you wanted to open a Taco stand?
- Start researching licenses and city permits.
- Scout out possible lease locations and speak with all the property owners.
- Start Googling taco recipes.
- Take out a loan (or borrow money) to buy a truck or cart.
- Spend money and time to get the truck food-certified by the city.
- Start looking for employees to help with making the tacos.
“If you opened a hot dog stand…..and I opened a hot dog stand……I can beat the PANTS off you.It doesn’t matter if you have better hot dog buns, or fresher meat, or more condiments…..My secret would be setting up my hot dog stand around a STARVING CROWD.”
Using this theory, let’s do a taco-stand validation in one day:
- How easy or hard it was to make all those tacos.
- How much time it took to make the tacos.
- How much money it took.
- If we even LIKED doing this work.
- If our tacos were delicious, or shitty.
- A rough estimate of how much to charge for each taco.
- If the location was good or bad.
- …..and most importantly:
- If people even WANTED our tacos from that location.