Neville is looking
for a slave a technical assistant!
I’ve got two main sites: NevBlog.com and KopywritingKourse.com. You will be the main admin and caretaker of these sites. They’re both on Wordpress (WPengine hosted).
You should be able to manage the HELL out of a blog. That includes modifying templates, making Wordpress do cool things, making sure things are secure, making pages from scratch.
More than anything you should be able to pickup a new skill quickly without me holding your hand.
You’ll be in charge of helping me:
- Build the email list.
- Porting blog posts I write from Google Docs over to Wordpress and Aweber (and fixing all the funky formatting that happens in between).
- Research stuff. I hear there’s a tool called “Ga-OOgle” or something???
- General bitch work if it needs to be done.
- Dig up old articles and schedule Tweets.
- If I have a dumb idea, you’ll help me build it.
- If I need an errand done for whatever reason, you could do it.
Skillz you should have:
- Need to know responsive HTML and CSS.
- Should know your way around Wordpress and modifying templates.
- Should know how to build websites from scratch.
- Familiar with email programs such as Aweber (not hard to learn).
- Must be able to deal with your dumb boss getting off track, and keeping him on track.
- Strongly strongly strongly strongly preferred to be located in Austin.
- Be able to figure out stuff for yourself, yet not afraid to ask questions.
- Some Photoshop skills.
- Be able to film and edit. I have equipment. I use Camtasia for editing.
- Track some data. Will likely have you pull some weekly reports for numbers.
- Bonus points for programming knowledge.
Benefits of having this job:
- Get to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Easy work environment (either my apartment, coffee shop, or by the pool).
- Get to play on the internets all day.
- Working remotely is an option when needed.
- $15/hr. If you suck we’ll stop working together.
- I wanna pay fairly. But also want it to be financially feasible for both of us. Higher wages can be discussed if everyone is happy.
- Open to higher rates for more advanced programming jobs.
- Very open to full time for great people.
About your potential boss:
- His name is Neville Medhora.
- He is brown.
- He still uses Frontpage 2003 to make web pages. Seriously, it’s really sad. He needs help.
- He’s a Kopywriter.
- He imagines this being like that episode of Seinfeld where Kramer gets an assistant:
How to apply:
- There’s a little Google Doc you must fill out below. It’s not bad.
- If you really think you’re perfect and you’re right here in Austin, you can call me directly at 713.301.1546. Don’t freak out if I don’t pick up.