Many people want to be “rich” in the future so they can do things like: Travel, buy nice cars, support family etc…who wouldn’t?
I believe “rich” means many different things to different people. Here are a few materialistic wants I feel would make me “rich” :
- Being able to travel to Dubai and lodge, dine and recreate in the Hotel Burj Al Arab for a week with family and friends in a 3-bedroom suite.
- Being able to buy a $40,000 car without really denting my disposable income.
- Being prepared and able to buy a $300,000 home in cash.
- Have enough disposable income to comfortably shop at Nordstrom and other higher-end retailers with a personal shopper.
- Be financially prepared for all the unexpected expenses life throws my way.
- Eat Ramen Noodles when I know I can easily afford a 5-star meal.
I’ll share a joke:
“The American Dream is a German Car an Italian wardrobe and a Swiss bank account. “
I think the fun of becoming rich is getting there. I like a good challenge. So until I can do all of the above without breaking a financial sweat, I will be working my a$$ of to achieve it.