Took some notes on this Sam Altman video about building the future. It also has some great advice for young people (which I’m not that young so I didn’t take close notes on) 😂
Neville Medhora’s notes on PVR-IAH-SAN flight
- What’s important: Find something at the intersection of what you’re good at, what you enjoy, and where you can create value for the world.
- Most people just “fall into” something, however, it’s worth giving thought to where you want to go or what you’re going to spend working on during your working hours.
- Picking people: You should be willing to move. Be near them.
- “The way things set done in the world is through a combination of focus and personal connection.” 3rd faction is self belief in your idea.
- Burnout isn’t caused by working too hard, it’s caused by not being excited or having momentum, momentum is energizing.
- “How does that person get all those things done?”
- They have momentum in their favor.
- Being young, unknown and poor is a great gift.
- Important to be a dooer, not a talker. Don’t just go conferences etc. just to take a risk and go all in.
- When thinking about a starting be willing to go all in for a long time
- Most super successful people have pretty strong opinions on the future.
Download these notes (and transcription) as a Google Doc: