For the upcoming Six-Pack Experiment I have planned for the whole month of April I’ve got one goal: Get a six-pack in roughly one month.
I’m not fat, but I’m not lean enough for abs to show through.
(I think that’s what a six pack looks like)
There will be three main things I need to do during this experiment on a level I’ve never done before:
- Go into a calorie deficiency for several weeks to lose weight
- Do a bunch of ab exercises
- Consistent cardio exercises
The HARDEST part of this is eating properly, thankfully I’ve been practicing doing that for the last month or two and have been successful at it….in fact preferring it.
I workout all the time and eat (relatively) correctly, but not to the extent I should…and I feel it’s because I’m not sure what to do.
So one thing I wanted for this experiment was PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. Originally I was going to get a personal trainer here in Austin, but that alienates everyone who wants to join me in this experiment (I know a couple of you out there have asked). “Oh, he had a personal trainer…no fair.”
Adam runs an online business that’s kind of like a “virtual personal trainer”…..but more than just dishing out some simple advice, he actually keeps you on track to hit your goals. I signed up for his monthly service roughly a week ago, and told him “My goal is to get an awesome six-pack.”
With that said, he went ahead and gave me certain exercises to do and tips on eating yadda yadda…BUT THE BEST THING is the daily tracking you must do. I didn’t realize this at first, but they have a whole back end to the website that members sign into daily….THIS is why I signed up…to be held accountable for everything I eat and how much I work out.
I signed up for the service about one week ago, and have eaten the best in my life these past 7 days thanks to Adam. I’ll explain more about the process later in the experiment.
So in addition to being accountable by posting this experiment on my blog, I’ll be getting professional help, advice and accountability from Adam (thanks man)!
Currently, this is what we’re working with:
Amidst all the semi-lame April Fool’s Jokes other bloggers will be playing on their readers today, I will be starting something that’s less funny, but more useful (To me…but hopefully others too).
This is called the Getting a Six-Pack Experiment, so I want to make it pseudo scientific….and by pseudo I mean “scientific in a sense that even a dumb guy like me can understand”.
The Scientific Method:
- Define the question – Can I get a six pack in one month?
- Gather information and resources (observe) – I will be basing this experiment on past experiences with losing weight, what I learned recently about calories and professional advice from MBT.
- Form hypothesis – I believe by April 31st I will be able to see my abdominal muscles MUCH better, creating a “six-pack” on my stomach WITHOUT starving myself at all.
- Perform experiment and collect data – Starting today I’ll be documenting everything I eat and do for exercise.
- Analyze data – Hold on fool…I haven’t started yet!
- Interpret data and draw conclusions that serve as a starting point for new hypothesis – Hold on…let me start first!
- Publish results – Wait till after April.
On that note, I definitely think others out there should TRY THIS EXPERIMENT WITH ME! …and maybe not just trying to get a six pack, but maybe to start eating “just a little” better, or get just a “little” slimmer, or workout more…
It would make it more interesting and motivating to have others follow along to some extent.